that dirty little secret

Just Anne

Re: that dirty little secret

Post by Just Anne »

The supposed regret is something place up by those who are against abortion. I certainly do not regret mine. I do not know If I would have survived having a child at that pt in my life. I was sad at the time but It was more anger at myself for putting myself in that position.
When in Danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

I know I'm replying months after you posted this, but I still wanted to say thank you for writing your story. It's hard to make a decision like that, and you're so brave to do what was right for you and to have grown stronger from it. I hope nothing but good things come your way :)
socialtwerk
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, Drug Addiction
preferred pronoun: she

Post by socialtwerk »

Hi Lauren,

I know that you shared your story over the summer, but I just joined the forum last week, and want to thank you for writing it. I had an abortion a few months ago and I am still processing what it means to me. Now that the intensity of the surgery is gone, I am left to really face the sadness. My boyfriend and friends are an enormous support for me, but there's a limit to their comfort because they can't fully understand what I experienced. Reading your story made me feel less alone. Thank you.
Resilient AF
Issues: Anxiety, depression, PTSD, domestic violence
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Resilient AF »

I'm 10 years late to the thread, but this is something that doesn't get talked about enough. So here's another "data point".... I feel lucky to be able to offer a counter example to most of the stories I hear women sharing. I have no guilt for my choices and didn't have to think twice. I'm in a long term committed relationship and we tried using the what do they call it "rhythm" method? While I felt naive afterwards thinking I could control getting pregnant by "abstinence" basically which obviously doesn't work even for adults, we ended up getting pregnant on two separate occasions. Both times the right choice was very clear and I chose myself over any far removed inpersonal expectations about what my decision should be for myself or my existing family. It might be a difficult decision for some, but I wish the ones who had a different experience without all the shame could be more vocal. It was the right choice AND it wasn't hard to make for me/us.

Return to “I Had an Abortion”