Brain damage from huffing gasoline

PaintThinner
Issues: Depression

Brain damage from huffing gasoline

Post by PaintThinner »

Hey, guys! A new forum user here. It's such a relief to know that there are people out there who experience the same problems stemming from the chronic inhalant abuse. I feel for anyone who struggles with it.
Luckily, I don't use inhalants anymore. I stopped huffing gasoline after I had almost overdosed and died at the age of 16. My unhealthy habit developed very quickly and after a month or so I became an avid inhalants abuser.
I had no idea at the time that this toxic pastime could severely distort my personality and impair the brain functioning.
A year of huffing gasoline and glue had rendered me weak, fearful, anxious, and very depressed. My condition is getting worse every day and I don't know what I can do about it.
I'm having difficulties keeping a job and maintaining romantic relationships. My sex-drive is almost nonexistent. I can't connect to other people and feel no joy in life.
I'm 25 now and have been living at my mom's/grandparent's for the most of my life.
What meds have you used to minimize the negative effects caused by huffing gasoline/glue/toluene, etc.?
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Brain damage from huffing gasoline

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Please take care, PaintThinner, you are not a broken person, you are just a person on the same journey we all are on around here. Keep fighting until you see that brighter day. All good things to you, man.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
alex8525
Issues: dysthymia, mild depression, social anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Brain damage from huffing gasoline

Post by alex8525 »

I'm on antidepressants but it was more for anxiety/depression than anything

Return to “Non Disordered Struggles”