I like feeling bad

Irri
preferred pronoun: She

I like feeling bad

Post by Irri »

Hey.

Chose this particular subject to get you to know what the post is going to be about, but it’s actually not about me. It’s about my ex. He’s in his 20’s, been depressed for years, and recently it got worse. I don’t want to get into too many details, it’s just that he likes feeling miserable, and he knows about it, so he chooses the worst options for himself in hopes it’s going to get so bad he’s ‘finally’ going to kill himself. The thing is, recently he’s got way too many opportunities to make things worse (and he does), and I’m really scared he might harm himself. I don’t know what to do. We live far away from each other, so all I can do is to talk to him if he feels like sharing these things with me. But he doesn’t listen much. I try to help him, but I’m not sure how.

I’m really scared. Do you have any idea about how to help somebody who enjoys feeling bad?

(he’s obviously not seeing any therapist, he used to, stopped, and now when I suggest it, he starts making jokes about it)

I.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: I like feeling bad

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello Irri. Please take care of yourself first, and don't be afraid to cut this ex out of your life completely. It is impossible to help somebody who doesn't want to help themselves.

Again, please take care of yourself. You deserve a life without toxic people and without draining people.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Non Disordered Struggles”