Long time listener, ready to be active in the forum

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
DaniAreYouOK
Issues: Anxiety, depression, Bi-Polar Two, ADHD
preferred pronoun: She

Long time listener, ready to be active in the forum

Post by DaniAreYouOK »

Hey all,
I like the short and sweet approach bc I never know how to "introduce myself" BUT...as it relates to this forum, I'm currently trying to sort out my "diagnosis". I was diagnosed bipolar 2, severe anxiety, and some ADHD about 3 years ago. I've been on meds for all of the above illnesses but I'm really thinking I'm more depressed + anxiety because I don't have moments of "hypo mania" BUT I'm also on meds for bipolar 2 and I've never stopped taking them so it's hard to say. I find it difficult to sort out the differences between depression and BP2. I work with a decent psychiatrist and therapist so it's a discussion I need to have, just need to get on it and be brave enough to self advocate. I'm a survivor of long term abuse with my ex-husband and a cultish church, so I'm guessing a lot of my anxiety is PTSD but again, need to have these conversations w my psych and my therapist. I absolutely love the show and have recently become more involved in the surveys, etc. Every episode has helped me in some way and encourages me bc I know I'm not alone. I'm here to learn more and to be in communication w "my people". Support groups are hard to find in the Midwest, so I'm excited to be a part of this community!
Cami
Issues: Depression, agorafobia, anxiety about everything, etc
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Long time listener, ready to be active in the forum

Post by Cami »

Welcome aboard! :)
I'm not suicidal, but I am very pro-coma..

Return to “Introducing yourself!”