Shout out to all my fellow depressives

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
Neanderloid
Issues: Depression and alcoholism
preferred pronoun: She

Shout out to all my fellow depressives

Post by Neanderloid »

Am I the only one who gets worse in summertime? What is that all about? It seems like everyone is out enjoying road trips, beach parties and all kinds of fun while I'm at home annihilating my Netflix queue. This is probably the worst episode I've had. I feel like a shit because my life is objectively great. I wish I could enjoy it and stop bringing everyone down (my primary reason for isolating.) I know it will pass, like always, but it sucks in the meantime.

Also, I want to express my gratitude for this forum and Paul's podcast. It's so healing. I love hearing stories from others. It's cathartic to know I'm not alone. Paul's humor is the best. I especially love to be able to look at darkness and laugh. It makes me feel like I've conquered something immense. It's a unique joy. Dark jokes feed my soul.
E is for Elephant
Issues: anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Shout out to all my fellow depressives

Post by E is for Elephant »

Welcome to the forums.

I tend to isolate the same way. I know I'm miserable to be around, so I don't go out and interact with friends/family, which just ends up making me more miserable.

Totally agree with you on the podcast. Some of my favorite moments are when Paul and the guest make a joke over something truly ghastly.
Cami
Issues: Depression, agorafobia, anxiety about everything, etc
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Shout out to all my fellow depressives

Post by Cami »

Yeah, summer-depression sucks..

It's like everyone else is at a beach bbq, drinking, laughing, dancing and I'm just sitting here trying not to hate life.

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll enjoy it!
I'm not suicidal, but I am very pro-coma..

Return to “Introducing yourself!”