Hi I'm new here.

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
nade1958
Issues: Depression mild
preferred pronoun: She

Hi I'm new here.

Post by nade1958 »

I am here wondering if somebody could give me some advice for helping my brother. He is 50 years old and always had ADD . He's never been married he's always lived with my mother and he's never held a job. I would like to help him develop some life skills. I am ashamed to say I've never been really close to him he's always been an embarrassment to my family so I am dealing with some guilt now I guess for not helping him in the past. He is somewhat of a bullshitter actually he's a very big bullshitter so that's why I really struggle because he doesn't know what the truth is? Where would I even begin to help? I was thinking perhaps him getting his GED but I have no idea how to start the process. He currently resides with my sister who struggles with her own anxiety and depression and mental illness. I would love for him to learn something and to be able to be self-sufficient as crazy as that sounds at the age of 50. I appreciate your thoughts and your help.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”