Everyday Everyday

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
KEF76
Issues: depression, general anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder
preferred pronoun: she

Everyday Everyday

Post by KEF76 »

I just turned forty in June and one thing that I've realised is that it's been over 23 years that I've been in treatment. I can remember knowing at a very young age, probably seven, that something was different about me. I was always quiet about my struggles and it wasn't until I was 17 that I took myself to my first psychiatrist. I had so much shame for the years following because of my illness, throughout my twenties that I wasted so many years being unhappy and un-helped.
Now, as a married Mom of three sons, my everyday struggle affect my family that I must stay on top of my healing. Each day is unpredictable, and that is the hardest part. The other hardest part is making sure I keep my marriage and family healthy. I have a severe co-dependency issue with my husband that works both ways. So, there are a lot of struggles. There are many trust issues from him and there are many feelings of shame from me.
Maybe this forum can help me with the everyday.
Sunshine606
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anger, and some things I have no label for
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Everyday Everyday

Post by Sunshine606 »

Hi
I hope this forum and podcast helps you with the day to day I know it helped me. Glad to meet you.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”