Newb

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
justtryingtogetby
Issues: anxiety and depression
preferred pronoun: she

Newb

Post by justtryingtogetby »

Hey,

I just registered after listening for the past year or so. I'm not sure what gave me the sudden urge to sign up, I guess I've just been having issues with going back to counselling so I needed to find some other way to cope.
I'm 27 now and have had depression and anxiety since I was 13 and I'm kind of over it already. I was doing ok after a few months of being pretty depressed recently and I think it's found it's way back again...
I was having one of those moments of complete and udder sadness and I'm not exactly sure what triggered it. But I'm feeling pretty lost and alone right now.

I'm actually surprised I'm writing any of this.
EmptyPinata
Issues: depression, social anxiety, loneliness. weight-issues, low self-esteem.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Newb

Post by EmptyPinata »

Welcome to the forum. I hope writing it out is helpful. Instead of bottling it in. Is there any event that trigger it in the beginning? I've had depression since about middle school age as well. I am 32 now. It is a cliche, but things like eating better and exercise do help.
justtryingtogetby
Issues: anxiety and depression
preferred pronoun: she

Post by justtryingtogetby »

Thanks for replying. I haven't been able to figure out what triggered it this time :\. I have been working a lot harder at eating better which has made me feel significantly better physically, which is why I was so surprised that I've been feeling so off mentally. I do feel a bit better after posting.
I hope you're doing well!
richardsalvo
preferred pronoun: He

Post by richardsalvo »

Welcome to the club Men.
PickledAnger
Issues: Alcoholism, depression, anxiety, add/adhd
preferred pronoun: He or sir

Post by PickledAnger »

Hey, another newbie. I've been an avid listener binging episodes daily for over 2 months since being recommended the show.
Huge, huge fan and advocate. Sad, sad broken person too. I am a self diagnosed alcoholic with anxious tendencies and depression. Possible adhd and shit load of sour feelings inside. Starting counselling this Tues for all of it.

Not sure how to describe myself other than I'm a huge beer/homebrew fan who loves metal music and video games with a panache for interior/exterior architectural design. Pretty much more open book of anyone wants to ask anything.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”