not a marathon runner

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
subjectiveobject
Issues: isolation, social anxiety, academic failures
preferred pronoun: he

not a marathon runner

Post by subjectiveobject »

Hello survivors

i just felt like what i associate what a marathon runner must feel like after exercising.
My exercise was a 50 minutes therapy with an ex psychiatrist talking to me. I am studying at a university in Europe. I am talking to the lady and she to me for free.
She is paid by the enrollment fee of all students. She is only there for advice and helping other students to get an actual therapist paid by insurance.
After 2 sessions (3 are max total before she stops giving you appointments) she told me that she would offer a service to certain students by offering a unregistered
therapy session every 2 weeks since she would be busy. It has been my 7. session today but i feel like 2 weeks in between are too long for the confused state i am in.
I work in a sleep laboratory part-time to finance my studies. It fits perfectly since i can make something productive and get a lot of nice feedback taking the fears off people who are afraid of the breathing masks they have to put on their face. I put on a mask myself when i go out so nobody starts talking to me and i can go along my way without having to cope with irritating conversation.

I do not take any medication other than this fabulous podcast every day. I isolated myself completely and therefore have a lot of spare time to listen.
The second thing that helps me is running in the forest for 2 hours one a week. I would like to do that more often but i dont have enough apetite to get enough nutrition to keep running.
I weight 170 pounds at 6,20 feet and always feel exhausted when walking up the stairs to the 3rd floor.
The third thing is meditation. I felt incredible pain at first since my back was weak but now i am able to collect myself on the ground for and after about 1 hour of concentration.

I hope these thoughts mirror to some sort and you are having a day
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: not a marathon runner

Post by rivergirl »

Welcome to the forum, subjectiveobject,
I feel sad for you after reading your post, but also glad that you found the podcast and posted. Thank you for sharing those poignant details about your life.

rivergirl

Return to “Introducing yourself!”