Hello Everyone!

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
friedpugtatoes
Issues: Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder
preferred pronoun: He

Hello Everyone!

Post by friedpugtatoes »

Hi, my name is Ian. I've been listening to the podcast for a few years now but I've never posted on the forum before. I'm going through some issues right now and I thought the forum might be a good place to turn for some help. I'm 33 years old and I live in Arkansas. Being more liberal by far than this state generally can be pretty tough, I'm sure there's probably lots of you that can relate. My primary issue right now is a terrible relationship with my brother. I'm very grateful to have a girlfriend I can rely on but I don't want to always push my problems onto her, so I need a new outlet to express myself. I'm interested in video games, movies, music, books, and poetry. I write some, and I love fantasy and sci-fi. That's about it, I hope I get to know some of you on here and perhaps can be of some service to someone in need. I love the podcast and just want to say Paul is pretty great, isn't he? :D

Ian
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." -Theodore Roosevelt
oak

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by oak »

Welcome! Thanks for sharing.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
PaloSabra
Issues: Personalty Disorder , Complex PTSD, OCD
preferred pronoun: She

Post by PaloSabra »

Hi and welcome

I am hoping for the same so i just started to be a bit more active on here, i find it a bit difficult to find the words to post my own post so i just reply for now lol

Btw im 31 and i live a bit further away ( Scandinavia) :)

Hope you will enjoy the forum :wave:
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Hi friedpugtatoes! Nice to meet you. I'm a nerd/geek of just about every variety. Probably the big exception for me is video games. Cool for those that love them, just not my jam.
I understand tough relationships with family all too well.
I live in South Carolina now, but a fairly populated area, so my circle is a more progressive than the uber-conservative and can't-swing-a-dead-cat-without-hitting-a-church area at large.
In the past have lived in rural South East Missouri, about an hour south of St. Louis. It was actually more redneck than my current location. Not my cup of tea at all. My best friend and her kiddo are still there and it's hard when you don't fit in.

Anyway, I'm babbling now... Have you seen the Last Jedi? What do you think?

Return to “Introducing yourself!”