Hi, good morning

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
felisdomina
Issues: Diagnosed Bipolar 2
Anxiety attacks
Sleep disorder
Social anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Hi, good morning

Post by felisdomina »

Still looking for the right forum, although my ideal is to find someone or someones locally. But that has not been happening, not even close.

I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now. I was misdiagnosed with major depression and when a pretty severe hypomanic episode was triggered, I at first thought I was getting better so I took a break from therapy. Planning to return soon now that I'm depressed again.

Now I'm diagnosed with bipolar 2 and have only since yesterday switched from Tegretol to Lamictal (with Cymbalta).

Unemployed for 2 years. A couple of friends scattered here and there but only 1 that's local. Single.

So yeah I'm doing pretty good.
felisdomina
Issues: Diagnosed Bipolar 2
Anxiety attacks
Sleep disorder
Social anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Hi, good morning

Post by felisdomina »

This place looks dead.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Hi felisdomina,
Welcome to the forum.

It can be frustrating to try to get help and not find it.

You've probably tried this, but just in case you haven't, here's the website for NAMI's various local Florida groups: https://www.nami.org/Local-NAMI?state=FL

There are some really caring people on this forum, even though it isn't heavily used.

Feel free to post any time, and you're welcome to send me a private message any time.

Take care,

rivergirl
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Welcome! We aren't many, but we are here to connect and support each other.

I've had a couple episode of psychosis/mania, the worst one about 8 years ago and once just over a year ago. It's quite a ride. The first incident was half triggered by medication - one you shouldn't be on if you are prone to manic episodes - and half by extreme stress. I spent a week in the hospital for that one. The recent one was a perfect storm stress and insomnia, but resolved itself once I was able to sleep with medical assistance.

These days, I'm in therapy for the long haul and have been going to a support group for about 9 months, plus taking an SSRI. The support group has made a huge difference because it's given me friends who get my experience.

Anyway, I'm glad you've joined us and I hope to get to know you better.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”