Hi!!!

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hi!!!

Post by manuel_moe_g »

fgalveia wrote: March 15th, 2021, 3:01 pmA couple of weeks ago I was thinking to myself and realized how afraid I am to have a relationship and ruin someone's life with my fears and insecurities. I rather be alone than make someone else miserable
This breaks my heart. I know this feeling well. I got past this feeling, I pray you can too. You have a lot to offer in a relationship, after you work on yourself for a bit. Please be strong and keep walking the path.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

An emotionally distant mother? Heartbreaking grief? Lack of recent romantic relationships? Few friends?

You are definitely not alone! I’m right there with you. We may be separated at birth! ;)

And you are thoughtful, well spoken (your English is excellent), and trying to better yourself. You seem like a good person, Francisco. Thanks for sharing.

I’ll look forward to your posts with interest.

Btw, I posted here a few weeks ago about saudade; I recently learned that word, and it expresses something I’ve always felt. Maybe I have a bit of a Portuguese soul: saudade describes my heart perfectly.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

First of all congratulations for going into therapy.

Second, how you’re feeling now about being a burden on another in a relationship definitely is linked with how your parents treated you. Parents who struggled to make time or just didn’t think it was necessary to parent consciously, leave their children thinking that they’re not capable or worthy of relationships.

It may also be the effect of leaving the therapeutic relationship but it’s difficult to say for sure.

There’s a fair chance that you will have a less ‘perfect’ but more profound relationship with the self-awareness you now have. That includes feeling overwhelmed and navigating the other person’s insecurities. You probably have the capacity to negotiate with and nurture others. Because of your upbringing, you’re just not aware of it, yet.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
remarks
Issues: overeating, anxiety, seasonal depression, emotional incest
preferred pronoun: Hey You!

Post by remarks »

Welcome, Francisco!

Thanks for opening up and sharing part of your story. I think you will find everyone here is very nice and supportive.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”