Hi

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
DecafDan
Issues: depression, anxiety, overeating, OCD-like behaviors, past trauma
preferred pronoun: he, him

Hi

Post by DecafDan »

Hi, my name is Dan and I am new to this board. I have had struggles with depression and anxiety, though these days more-so anxiety than depression. I've been getting psychiatric help for my issues for about a year now and it's been going well so far, though I still struggle much with anxiety at times and always find myself mentally beating myself over awkward moments in conversations with other people. Anyway, just want to introduce myself, so - hi! - Dan
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hi

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello DecafDan! I also have struggles with depression, anxiety, overeating...
DecafDan wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:11 am ...I still struggle much with anxiety at times and always find myself mentally beating myself over awkward moments in conversations with other people.
I also have that challenge. What have you found to help you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~Forum Tips~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the top of the page, you can click the "Quick links" menu, select "Active topics" to stay up to date with the forum activity.

At the bottom of the page, under the "Wrench"-menu/Topic-tools-menu, you can "Subscribe topic" to never miss a post to the topics you are most interested in.

URL links are currently turned off because of anti-spam, but feel free to paste a URL, the users here can copy and paste into the browser address bar.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
DecafDan
Issues: depression, anxiety, overeating, OCD-like behaviors, past trauma
preferred pronoun: he, him

Re: Hi

Post by DecafDan »

Hi Manuel, nice to meet you! I find it helps a little to have some "go-to" quotes saved on my phone's note app about the issue to provide some consolation when I'm stressed out about an awkward/embarrassing conversation I had, or some other type of blunder. Here's 2 that I go to a lot:

“Every person, if he is to have mental health and live successfully, must move away from past failures and mistakes and go forward without letting them be a weight upon him. The art of forgetting is absolutely necessary.” - Norman Peale

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Introducing yourself!”