New here - Hi :)

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
Taylor_said_what
Issues: Sexual, emotional, and psychological abuse, codependency, anger
preferred pronoun: She

New here - Hi :)

Post by Taylor_said_what »

Hey everyone,
My name is Taylor and this is my first post on the forum. I only discovered the podcast a few months ago and instantly started making up for lost time. Now I look forward to the new episode every Friday. It's so amazing to hear your own thoughts and experiences come out of someone else's mouth. It's cathartic and validating to know that I am not alone in being fucked up. :lol:
I've been receiving counseling for a couple years now for PTSD and anxiety symptoms. It really does get better every day. I love listening to/reading anything mental health related. I'm also curious about support groups, especially considering how much Paul praises them, but I'm not sure what group I would even fit in.
This time of year is especially difficult for me. The holiday season creates this weird aura for me - we're taught that this should be a wonderful time surrounded by our loved ones. Yet, "family" is a pretty loaded word in my world and healing is a lonely experience. I'm reminded of that around this time of year especially. If you feel this way too, know you're not alone.
I look forward to using this forum and connecting with like minded individuals. I hope you're all well. :)
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: New here - Hi :)

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Taylor_said_what wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:05 pm I look forward to using this forum and connecting with like minded individuals. I hope you're all well.
Thanks for the expression of care! Hope you get some great feedback to your posts on this forum!

All the best!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Taylor_said_what,

We're all as well as might be expected, being here... :lol:

Nice to have you onboard!

Snoringdog
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hello and Kia Ora our new pal Taylor_said_what

Welcome aboard good ship mental.

Great space, fantastic people and many ears to listen and eyes to read!

Return to “Introducing yourself!”