Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Discuss getting together with other listeners on your own or at a live MIHH event
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Post by Cheldoll »

Paul Gilmartin wrote:Chel will you still be able to give me a ride to the college?
Aye aye, captain! I even have room for one more in my little red Kia since my boyfriend can't stay out late working his 5am shifts this week. I should warn you, though, I have a Hello Kitty decal on one of my back windows so if close proximity to cuteness makes you sick and you vomit in my car you will need another ride home.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
demoyne

Post by demoyne »

Hey Chel, Nevina, and Paul,

Nice to meet you! My name is Chris and I live in town and would be interested in meeting up when Paul is in town. I don't know if you are looking for anyone else to come along but I would be open to meeting for coffee - although I would have hot chocolate! Also, I would like to go to the Lewis and Clark thing, but I am iffy on whether I would want to read a survey. I will have to look through some more of them.

Paul, would you be able to give a bit more detail on how the survey readings would be used? Just curious.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to read this. I love the podcast and have been listening for a long time and credit some of my personal growth on being able to feel connected with the stories that folks share on the podcast. Hope you all are doing well.

Chris
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Hey Chris! It sounds super cliche, but the more the merrier. Seriously. Also, I only drink silly thinks like frappucinos and mocha lattes that are pretty much just chocolate milk anyway.

I don't know exactly what Paul wants for the Lewis & Clark reading, but from the sound of it he wants to just make people be able to relate to the surveys/forum posts we read for "a real 'Me Too' experience." There's something incredibly powerful about hearing someone else -- someone who knows how you feel -- read your own words. I'm gonna bring my iPad instead of printing them out (I like to be green. don't judge me.) so you can browse through some if you feel comfortable after watching other people.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Chris,
It would be great to have you come along, no pressure to participate. I'll bring a stack of printed surveys, but feel free to bring any that you relate to. If you're definitely going to come, please rsvp Maddy at maddyn@lclark.edu There will also be a listener hang after my show on Friday. And here's my Bridgetown schedule including the live MIHH podcast taping (not to be confused with the taping on Thursday night at Lewis and Clark)

http://bridgetowncomedy.com/performer/paul-gilmartin-2/

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

By the Power of Grey Skull, I got Saturday off!!! Which also means I can totally party down on Friday. I'm going to drink so much hot chocolate, I may need someone to drive me home! Yuck yuck...

I am super happy. I also introduced a friend of mine to the podcast last week and he is really excited and going to try and tag along to as many of Paul's shows as possible :dance:

Chris: Welcome to the MIHH Oregon Branch. You may receive a free toaster! Seriously, glad to have another on board. I look forward to meeting you at one of the shows :) ...and everyone else for that matter.

Cheldoll: Thanks for having Nevina's back. If anything at all comes up and you need a back up plan, give me a text. I'm going to PM you my phone digits so we can communicate that way the day of Thursday (and whenever else you need).

Sir Paul: Will you take monthly payments of $5 for next 100 months as part of my cover charge? Can I come dressed as a Sasquatch? I'm already used to not looking you in the eyes, so I think I have that covered. I will totally be there Friday night. I don't remember the last time I actually went "out". Sweet!

My CB handle, er Twitter is: @vezlandia
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

Cheldoll wrote:I'm gonna bring my iPad instead of printing them out (I like to be green. don't judge me.) so you can browse through some if you feel comfortable after watching other people.
Oh snap, that's a good idea. I don't have a printer at home. I don't have an iPad, but my phone works just as well. Dur.

Yay another person! I am so looking forward to all of this. :dance:
When life gives you shit, make shitade.
demoyne

Post by demoyne »

Thanks for the reply everyone. I have contacted Maddy to RSVP for the Lewis and Clark event. Has there been an agreement on where listeners will meet up after the Friday show? Unfortunately, I am not on the Twitters so any updates or changes to the plan would be great to know. See you all on Thursday. Thanks!

Chris
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

We'll probably figure out a place Thursday night as there will be locals there who can pick a place near where my Friday show will be. So glad you're coming, I was starting to worry that men didn't like my show!

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

I will be contributing another male to the pack tonight, gents! It will be like Alaska only reversed. Two males to every twenty females!
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
demoyne

Post by demoyne »

All,

I came down with a bug and haven't been able to shake it, so I won't be there tonight as I feel awful and I don't want to get everyone sick. Hopefully I feel better by the Saturday show, but I thought I would let you all know and apologize for not making it. Hope it went well.

Regards,
Chris

Return to “Listener Events”