Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Discuss getting together with other listeners on your own or at a live MIHH event
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM - Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM (PDT)
Portland, OR

I was talking to Paul about this because I'm pretty pumped for this year's festival. If you're gonna be in the Portland metro area or live around here I'd love to say hey awkwardly, find a Starbucks with you, and collapse into caffeine-fueled conversation before or after a show.

Updates:
* Paul's Show Schedule
* Group Recording at Lewis & Clark
* Listener hangout planned for after 7pm show on Friday
Last edited by Cheldoll on April 11th, 2013, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
fifthsonata

Re: Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Post by fifthsonata »

If I lived there or could afford a road trip like that I'd be all for it!
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

I was thinking the same thing! It'd be cool to have a Meet Up type thing if a few people were interested/available. I'm up for coffee and awkward chatting. :D
When life gives you shit, make shitade.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

I love the thought of a meetup. Can I veto Starbucks for Stumptown Coffee? I'm a coffee/tea whore/snob. I fell in love with Stumptown last time I was there. And the row of food trucks. And the people. And the weather (it was sunny). And the vibe. And the lack of pretense. And the counterculture feel. And the hotel (the 5). And the festival. Alright I'm done.

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

Oh my god, yes, I'm a coffee snob too. Starbucks tastes like burnt dog shit, but I will still drink it if it's all that's available. Luckily I have a Stumptown, Cafe Vita, Cafe Ladro, and Victrola coffee all within 3/4 mile of my apartment (in Seattle). :D Portland is awesome. I love the PNW weather when it's cloudy and grey. Sun makes me very very grumpy and lethargic.

That has nothing to do with the meetup. Yay meetup! I'm so excited!
Cheldoll

Post by Cheldoll »

Haha I only drink coffee when other people say "hey let's go out for coffee," so anywhere's fine with me. The weather will probably be cloudy as usual... although we have been getting some sunny days out of nowhere.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

:) Anyone else? Small-talk optional! :D

I know it's useless to plan until we have more specifics on the schedule (particularly Paul's), but I just wanted to say I'm very nervous I won't be able to get Wednesday night, Thursday night, or Sunday night off work. :( I'm very tempted to call in sick for one or two of those. Hey, taking a mental health day off isn't unheard of. And I can't miss this, my mental health depends on it!
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

I was able to request all three days off work, and I'm 90% sure I'll get all of them. :) A coworker had already claimed those days, but now he has moved his vacation to September! Yay! And I have couch crashing offers from two separate friends in Portland. Lookin much more doable, suddenly!
Cheldoll

Post by Cheldoll »

Yay! Hopefully more people will plan on hitting the festival when they release the schedule. Not that hanging out with just the two of you wouldn't be awesome enough 8-)
xoxo,
Chel

Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Here is the link to the schedule for the three shows I'm doing. Two are me doing my satirical Republican character and one is the live MIHH show, which is Sat. April 20 at 2pm at the Mt. Tabor Theatre. It seats around 500 so I can't imagine getting a seat will be a problem. My guest will be Karen Kilgariff.

http://bridgetowncomedy.com/performer/paul-gilmartin-2/
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Listener Events”