Missing Posts/Threads!!!

Important info regarding the site.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Missing Posts/Threads!!!

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

I've been trying to re-organize and streamline the forum. Along the way I've been having a LOT of problems with threads going missing or showing up in bizarre places that I can't seem to access. I'm hoping a software update will fix this.

I know for sure we've already lost a sub-forum on self-ham/cutting, a sub-forum on supporting loved ones who are addicted, and the first few posts of the new forum Ask a Mental Health Professional.

I have reset the sub-forums up but the original content has been lost. I'm so sorry for that.

I'm working on it, please bear with me.

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Crazy Camper
Issues: Bipolar

Re: Missing Posts/Threads!!!

Post by Crazy Camper »

Hi, Paul

I'm a relatively new listener to the MIHH, but I've got some experience working with and troubleshooting phpBB boards. I'm not a programmer, but I'm a power user who has configured and maintained several different phpBB boards over the years. I can't promise to fix what's ailing your boards, but if you want some troubleshooting assistance, you're welcome to contact my at the email I just registered with. It's possible you've lost as much content as you think you have, but depending on things like backups (which some hosts do even without you having to set stuff up) or just how you have things configured, it's possible theres still salvageable content. Even as a new listener, I get the feeling that your show site help a lot of people, so I'd like to help back if possible.

As for my own bona fides, I had a manic psychotic break over 10 years ago at age 33, which got me committed to two weeks of what I now call "Crazy Camp". I left with a diagnosis of "rule out bipolar", which somehow never got ruled out. I had no history of mania or other mental illness prior to that break, but I've been on lithium pretty much since Crazy Camp, so I guess I'm bipolar. (Managing well.) My sister was also recently diagnosed bipolar at age 46. (She turned me on to your show.) My first wife was a rapid cycling bipolar, diagnosed shortly after we got married, which lasted less than two years. So, lots of bipolar going on. Nice to meet you. :)

I play hockey, so really liked your interview with Clint Malarchuk. Felt so inspired I went out and bought a neck guard.
Crazy Camper

Post by Crazy Camper »

If it makes a difference, I live in the L.A. area, so there's at least potential for in-person tech support if you need it. (I'll be more specific about where if you contact me, but I don't like to get specific in open forum.)
iknewiwascrazy
Issues: anxiety, bipolar 2, ADHD, sleep disorder, learning disabilities.
preferred pronoun: she

Post by iknewiwascrazy »

Paul, your having an awefulsome moment....sending the love. HUGS
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Thanks CC, for right now I'm working with my web guy who has a plan, but I'll keep your offer in mind. I really appreciate it!

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Crazy Camper

Post by Crazy Camper »

I'm glad you found someone to help you out. I'm hoping your problems boil down to misconfigured permissions, rather than data loss, since that's reversible. (So is data loss *if* there are any backups.) phpBB permissions can get very confusing, though, so it's good you found someone to help navigate.

CC
jarry
preferred pronoun: they etc

Post by jarry »

Nice Post...................

Return to “Announcements (Россия без Путина)”