Hello fellow peeps

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
sarahb

Hello fellow peeps

Post by sarahb »

Hi-
i am not one to usually participate in discussion boards but after listening to the most recent show I can't help myself. I am 34 yr old female. Been diagnosed lots of things but the two "obvious' "ailments" are various forms of eating disorder----leading to depression, anxiety, OCD. Despite all these names basically labels exist because our world/society does not support or nurture developing anything close to being honest, and real, especially when it comes to relationships with other. Instead , as years pass, we learn what was normal is not normal. Either we discover this on our own or we are told this. Hmmmm. I have alot to share but maybe I need to go to a different board. Happy to be here. now. SB
algernon

Re: Hello fellow peeps

Post by algernon »

Hey sarahb!!

Passing through Ithaca, NY many many times I think you live in a beautiful setting. Love Taughannock Falls, I do. Of course living in Ithaca may play different than merely trucking through.....I will wonder that you do like that very pretty place...... :?:

BUT.....welcome to the forum. I'm an excessive person up late who looks like your first greeter and so, GREETINGS!! :D

I read your opening posting twice and the one thing I should point out is the stark candor that you'll find here. I think it gets it's benchmark in the podcasts and ultimately from the Mr. Natural of Mental Health Happy Hour, Paul G....... :P

I suppose the hissing and spitting of reality needs a vessel to contain it and this is surely that........ :(

If you measure your mental health trials as severe, please observe some of the stories placed here. It's no bed of lilacs......it may help to find that people with really debilitating psychological distress find ways to hang on and trend better. Here, frustrations find common ground and ideas to try are in great abundance.....it's remarkable that even the hardships of mental healthcare expense have suggested solutions to find in these threads..... :idea:

In closing I wish you the adoption of mindfulness.....to discover and use as a foundation for all your best personal solutions!
Algernon

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”