All my friends live in my computer

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

All my friends live in my computer

Post by Stina »

Hi everybody --
I found the MIHH awhile ago via Adam Carolla's episode, then got caught up in some other stuff then came back when I happened to be on Twitter (ugh) and saw Bald Bryan's tweet about his appearance. Since then I've been playing catchup. This show is like crack or cupcakes, addictive and calorie-free. I love it and have been able to relate to so many things in the 10 episodes I've listened to thus far. :)

A few words about me, alphabetically, so you can figure out why I'm here and what I hope to talk to y'all about or WHATEVER, I don't know. My fingers are just moving across the keyboard right now, typing whatever they want! Let's watch them go...

anxious / b*tch / California / depressed (majorly) / eldest child / full of sh*t / "Gilmore Girls" / hell is other people (unless they're in the computer and thus they can go away occasionally) / introverted / jewelrywh*re / kind / loner / misanthropic / nerdy / "Once and Again" / pessimistic / quirky / raspberry chocolate / suicide survivor (attempt & loss) / thirty-four / unhappy (duh) / voluptuous / water snob / (e)x = 1! / y? = who knows / zito, barry
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
LaiLaiGirl

Re: All my friends live in my computer

Post by LaiLaiGirl »

Welcome and glad you enjoy the podcast. When I saw the subject, I felt like it was something I would've posted. I like the A-Z about yourself; great introduction.

If you're a fan of the Adam Carolla Show, you'll probably enjoy the episode with Teresa Strasser, if you haven't already heard it. I hope you get a lot out of this forum.
I drink to make other people more interesting. ― Ernest Hemingway
Visit My Blog and leave me *your* two cents: www.lailaigirl.com
Stina

Post by Stina »

Thank you!

Oh yes, I listened to Teresa's episode last week. So fantastic. Slayed me. LOVE HER. Then I listened to Alison's on Friday and Bryan's today, so I'm all caught up on the ACE guests and moving around amongst the others in no particular order.
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
diaz

Post by diaz »

Hey Stina,
Welcome to the forum.
Typing your problems alphabetically? I'm thinking OCD. LOL!
Yeah, I've tried the computer friends thing. It's ok, but it's definitely no substitute for the real thing. Of course, I pretty much never see friends anymore. I hope I will take action to make that change in the future.

Glad you joined!
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." ~Anais Nin
Stina

Post by Stina »

Diaz -

I thought the alphabetical ordering was just something fun to try. I don't have OCD. I do obsess, but not compulsively. :) Don't give me any more issues than I already have!! :lol:

Online relationships work really well for me, dunno why. Well, I have some ideas why... I met my BFF on Livejournal almost 10 years ago, in some random community. We see each other at least twice a year and vacation together and get along so well! It's amazing. It just works!
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
Stina

Post by Stina »

Hi all --

Just wanted to say hello again. I've been off the forum since 2012 for whatever reason, I can't recall. Probably had something to do with becoming an aunt and discovering I like it. :) I also got behind on MIHH, but I'm catching up!! Life, oy. Anyway, hello again. Still dealing with the same old issues, but a recent development is that I have a milestone birthday coming up this summer and decided to get a psychodiagnostic assessment to help pinpoint my issues - my birthday treat to myself. :lol: There are certain life milestones that I thought I would've reached/experienced at this point if I were "normal," but they allude me. I've been assessed, and await my final conference and report. The process has dug up some old issues, poked some old bruises and picked at some scabs, so it was interesting. I recommend it for anyone who suspects there's MORE to you than the basic diagnosis of depression and anxiety or whatever.
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”