Not sure

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
summer15

Not sure

Post by summer15 »

I am not really sure why I am on here. I heard about this podcast from a friend and I listen occasionally, mainly when I am feeling down...thought I would test out the forums and see if they make me feel better to know that I am not alone.
sononothing

Re: Not sure

Post by sononothing »

I've been lurking around reading for the past week and am amazed at the number of times that I've said to myself "That sounds just like me". I guarantee that you are not alone.
jenloiacono

Post by jenloiacono »

that really is the beautiful thing about this forum. there are so many people here who feel just the way you do and are here for you with encouragement and compassion.

welcome!

Jennifer
sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

Hello and welcome. :)
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
diaz

Post by diaz »

Welcome summer15,

Glad you joined. You definitely aren't alone. What specifically brings you here? Depression?

I just joined a few days ago. I like it so far, but there isn't a whole lot of activity on the boards. It's still a pretty small community - but that can be a good thing. Also, I think that's to be expected on most forums for people with mental illnesses such as depression. We're not always the most active/lively bunch. The main thing is not to be shy about posting. I know I hold back sometimes thinking I might be posting about something that's already been discussed at length, but I don't think that matters as much here since the community is so small. :)

-D
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." ~Anais Nin
summer15

Post by summer15 »

Wow, thank you everyone for the warm welcome. It definitely cheered me up. Diaz, I think it is depression that brings me here, but I never have been diagnosed with it, but I also have never been to a doctor or therapist to know. I don't think I will ever go to one because I am not always depressed and generally I can be very happy. It is just those times when I am lonely that I feel depressed. When I am with friends or just doing something I enjoy I am happy so I don't think I actually have depression. I think I am just lonely. But, this community is awesome I agree, I like that it is small and I can say what is on my mind and know that I won't be judged.

Again, thank you.
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

Hi again --
For those times when you are lonely, I definitely recommend coming to this forum or talking it through with a professional. Don't wallow in it - get it out of your system! Therapy isn't just for the clinically definable issues. Sometimes it's just good to know you have something scheduled for an hour that week where you can meet with someone and just talk about whatever you want to talk about.
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
summer15

Post by summer15 »

I know that talking about it does help. I mean I am tired of being lonely, but I know I just have to push through and hopefully one day I won't be so. I am always fine with people, it is just those moments when I am alone and get to thinking. I have a few friends that aren't the best as well so that gets me down too. Anyways, thanks for the reply it is nice to know I always have somewhere to let things out.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”