New Here

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
hitanktank

New Here

Post by hitanktank »

Hi there. I'm a 46 year old man, diagnosed bipolar and antisocial personality disorder many years ago. Been on paxil and epival for 13 years and its agreed with me. I work ridiculously hard on my issues to cope/live with them, I don't sit back and rely on the meds or feel sorry for myself. Sure there are rough days, but I stay positive for the most part as long as I stay on my course. I have a past of extensive violence, jail time, psych wards multiple times and work to keep those issues in check. In 13 years I have missed my meds only one day, I havent drank alcohol in 20 years, dont smoke and dont do drugs. I do moderate exercise and am diligent in the area of nutrition and supplements.

I firmly believe a large number of issues like I have can be kept in check through proper nutrition, water intake, supplementation, avoiding drugs and alcohol and doing what I call "living within the brackets" which means living my life doing what makes me feel well. Many years ago I suffered from 17 hour a day panic attacks, with them only stopping when I was medded up enough to sleep, only to repeat when I woke up. I havent had a panic attack since 2006, using my mind, nutrition, supplements and water intake to keep them in check. I NEVER used benzo's (ativan,xanax etc) to overcome my panic/anxiety because I had zero interest in becoming addicted to them.

I put out a bunch of short stories about my past and where I am now and the methods I used to overcome my issues, and a publisher got wind of them, got a hold of me and asked me to write a book. The book is going to tell stories of my violent past, issues with mental health disorders and all the ways I have used to feel better. The catch is that I'm not writing it for money. When it is done I am just going to give it to people with these disorders for free in ebook form in hope that it can help someone cope/overcome these issues. I'm just a slow writer, but it will be done some day soon, I have about 100 pages at the moment.

Anyways, thats me, hi.
penny

Re: New Here

Post by penny »

hello and welcome. i relate to what you said about diet and exercise. when i'm doing what i should, things go smoothly. when i'm eating nothing but crap, that's guaranteed emotional problems right there. best of luck with your writing, sounds like it'll bring some meaning to your experience.
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Re: New Here

Post by Stina »

Hitanktank -

I look forward to reading your book!
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”