New to the Posts

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
allofat

New to the Posts

Post by allofat »

:| Hi to all. I really enjoyed the last post about the man and the kids. I grew up with a older brother with cereabal palsy.
All thru my school days, everyone thought and said I had a retarded brother. He was far from that. He was a great person. He couldn't communicate coherently feed himself, bathe, potty. But when he got his electric wheel chair, he was free. He lived in Seattle and would take the bus wherever to get out of his group home. He took the bus to a college and graduated. He loved Elvis, had every cd, dvd. He had a good attitude; said he was ok, there was always someone off worse than him. He went to be with my dad in heaven (if there is one) a few years ago. RIP BRO.

I suffer from depression, ADHD, Fibromyalgia. My mom is 89, has Alzheimers. I am her only visitor. I drive 50 miles round trip to see her three times a week. Sometimes more.

I do have a brother 2 years older than me who lives 365 miles from here. Mom has lived dodwn here 2-1/2 years and he has visited her once; called her 3 or 4 times. He is a blazing alcoholic; had 3 DUIS that I know of; has no license but he drives when he feels like it. He can go from a nice guy to a raving mad mad for little reason. He did some crimes, was in all the papers, on tv. Spent time in prison. Another thing some kids at my school reminded me. My biology teacher asked if I drove the getaway car.

I also have a husband who is wonderful, does everything for me but he was raised different that me, so he is not sensitive to my problems, like when I cry he dosen't know what to do.

I wish I was dead. Think about doing myself in, but I have to be here for my mom, my daughter and son and their families. I think about it, but won't tell anyone. They would take my pills away. Enough said.

This show has helped me so much, knowing how other people feel.
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Re: New to the Posts

Post by Stina »

Hi allofat -

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Be kind to yourself and take care. :)
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
Pepper

Re: New to the Posts

Post by Pepper »

Hi allofat :) I'm new too

Regarding your brother, I can relate to that a little. My younger cousin is severely brain damaged and the family has faced some real unfair treatment from people who don't understand. I can tell you feel a lot of love and respect for him. Rest in peace.

Keep going strong and look after yourself because you are just as important as the people you are looking after.

Hugs
Pepper
xxx
You can never change where you're from
No matter who I will accuse
I'm gonna get on with a better life
And one day I won't be bad news
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”