Hello... in isolation, frightened to reach out

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Raggedy Brandi

Hello... in isolation, frightened to reach out

Post by Raggedy Brandi »

Hi,

I started listening to the podcast a few days ago. It is mesmerizing and triggering at the same time. I have had a lot of troubles. My way of dealing is basically get through each day, pretending. I can't deal with my feelings, it is too painful. Living my life the way I do, my behaviors are painful too. I don't know who I am, I have escaped my life. I am a 46 year old mother of two boys. I have been diagnosed with severe depression, PTSD, and eating disorders. I believe I would have more clinical diagnosis, but, hardly ever get to everything from therapy I have been in, through the years. I am hoping that my time here will help in my desire to come out of the isolation I have imposed over the last few years.

Raggedy
"Self coddling is not the same as self care. Self coddling is not productive, it's not effective, self care is."
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Hello... in isolation, frightened to reach out

Post by bigeekgirl »

Welcome. It is nice to meet you.

I relate to the podcast being "mesmerizing and triggering at the same time" in a big way. Sometimes it's healing to hear someone else say exactly what I'm feeling and sometimes I just have to turn it off for a while.

I hope you stick around as this is a wonderful, safe place to talk about these things.
Raggedy Brandi

Post by Raggedy Brandi »

Thank you for the warm welcome. BGG I appreciate it more than you know.
"Self coddling is not the same as self care. Self coddling is not productive, it's not effective, self care is."
Raggedy Brandi

Post by Raggedy Brandi »

Also, I want to add that i have never been a part of a forum before. I apologize in advance if I don't follow forum etiquette. I am still learning. I have read the rules and such, but I am sure there are little things that I will figure out along the way that weren't covered.
:)
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

It's pretty mellow around here. Not an overwhelming number of posts and I've yet to run into anyone playing the classic internet troll part. It would be hard to "mess up" unless you really tried to be unkind.
Fargin
Issues: Avoidant Personality Disorder

Post by Fargin »

Welcome.

I believe that the correct forum etiquette is in fact to not read the forum rules. ;)
Raggedy Brandi

Post by Raggedy Brandi »

Bigeekgirl- Thanks, good to know, nice that there is not much troll action. Today I realized I am feeling emotionally pretty raw. I have been listening to the cast in a marathon fashion. I need to take a little time off, I have heard 4 or 5 in the last few days. Lol
I will continue to hang around here when I have the time.
Raggedy Brandi

Post by Raggedy Brandi »

Fargin- Thanks for the welcome. I will keep that under advisement. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”