A bedtime story.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
nbay001

A bedtime story.

Post by nbay001 »

I discovered the Mental Illness Happy Hour a week ago. I listened to a couple of podcasts in the early evening and found them soothing. So the third night I listened to one before bed. As I listened to people talking about such intimate subjects candidly, and often calmly, I found myself also calmed, knowing I was listening to the human experience common to us all. What this did for me, was to quiet the negative chattering in my head; you know the one. And I found myself drifting to sleep, knowing I am ok for now, because after all, I am only human.

Thank you for having the insight, skill, to put together the "Happy Hour".

Paula
BCZF

Re: A bedtime story.

Post by BCZF »

Hi, and welcome..

Yeah, it IS comforting when you know there are others who share the same problems as you. We are a welcoming group, and many times just having place to vent is important.

You are among friends.. :)
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Re: A bedtime story.

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Nbay001,

I want to "ditto" the previous reply. We're glad you're here. I was really moved by your post. A lot of you listeners thank me for doing the podcast. Well I feel the same way when you give me feedback. I could not keep doing the podcast without it. I don't know if that makes me shallow or too dependent on other people's opinions, but I just feel calmed when I read a post like yours. So thank you for taking the time to say so.

Paul
:D
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”