Hello from the Sierras

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Mr.Chimney

Re: Hello from the Sierras

Post by Mr.Chimney »

Hey, I'm just glad my obscure and strange television story connected!

My bookshelves are...not things my parents want to read. I have a lot of feminist theory, particularly Canadian indigenous political and feminist thought. My folks aren't the type to be interested in my thrilling collection of literature on Detroit, and I suspect my collection of urban planning, Judge Dredd, and Mongolia, Armenia/Azerbaijan, and Polynesia-related comparative political texts won't appeal to them either. It isn't much and a lot of it is stolen goods, but I've made a home for books that otherwise wouldn't be read and I can feel a bit more okay about that. Part of the problem is that my parents and I have a relationship that I recently realized is very unhealthy. I've been writing my thoughts down since then trying to figure out what exactly the problem is but I'm not exactly making huge revelations.

Wanna trade? I've always loved being Stateside. I imagine it's less fun when you live there but then again so is Canada, I imagine.

Sorry for replying so slowly. I have always meant to get back to you, I promise!
"The Logos of domination has built its system, and what follows is epilogue"
- Herbert Marcuse, Eros and Civilization, pp: 107
Cornflake Girl

Post by Cornflake Girl »

No worries, Mr. Chimney. I kept looking to see what the new post was and couldn't figure out where the message was...til I saw that there was a page two. :doh:
Mantra: I am enough. I do enough. I have enough.
Mr.Chimney

Post by Mr.Chimney »

See, it was hiding for extra effect! I had that happen while I was writing my diary at the beginning. I was so scared that I had lost everything I had written for the past couple of days...and then I found the little number two in the thread.

You'd think I could forum better. Bah. Hugs for you!
"The Logos of domination has built its system, and what follows is epilogue"
- Herbert Marcuse, Eros and Civilization, pp: 107

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”