Donations via Amazon purchases?

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
hisbeststory
Issues: major depression (med resistant), anxiety, PTSD, Borderline
preferred pronoun: she/her

Donations via Amazon purchases?

Post by hisbeststory »

hi just registered. I swear i heard paul say on one of the podcasts that you can sign up via amazon to have a portion of purchases go to the podcast to help support the show. i currently am donating to red cross, and i'm not sure how i signed up for that, or how to change it.... did i dream this? or is there a link? would really like to support this important show.... thx...
p.s. hi i've been on meds since i was 17, and i'm 43 now. sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. lost it all, trying to rebuild. almost out of the ditch i think. please don't push me back in. its been a lonnnnng haul, and i'm so tired.
fifthsonata

Re: Donations via Amazon purchases?

Post by fifthsonata »

That's the "Amazon Smile" service. You do normal shopping and it donates a proceed to the charity of your choice - you just somehow defaulted to the Red Cross - maybe a link you clinked? If you find Paul's Amazon Smile page just set that as your default charity - go to your Amazon Smile page and at the top center it should say your choice of charity. Click on that name to change it.

I tried looking for Paul's page but couldn't find it via Amazon - maybe it's on the homepage somewhere (on mentalpod.com)?
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

I think it's only through his widget on the front page?
SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Post by SpookyGhost »

The podcast isn't a registered charity, so you have to first go through the links on the site. That will tell Amazon that MentalPod.com referred you and Paul will get a small percentage from anything you purchase. You don't have to come back & go through this site for each individual item, but you do have to do it each time you shop. Amazon has to know who is referring you to them & that's how they know it's Paul. Hope that makes sense!

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”