Tardis Here

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Tardis

Tardis Here

Post by Tardis »

Hello,

I know this is a spanking new podcast. Just want to say I suffer from depression and hope this podcast brings some good insight. I listened to Janet Varney and related a bit to her.

I have a bit of a comedic background and I am a fan of Richard Martin played by Paul Gilmartin. I was surprised to know he has depression as he seems like a guy that has it all together. What I am getting at is, he seems accomplished for someone with the setback of depression.

Looking forward to meeting like minded people here. :)

Boris aka Tardis
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Tardis Here

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Tardis,

I hope this podcast can let people who live with mental illness realize that 1) It's more common than you think 2) it's not hopeless, people can live fulfilling lives if they're willing to treat their depression and 3) we always think everyone around us has it going on and we don't have it as "together" as they do. Some of the most miserable people I know are incredibly successful financially. I don't know much about getting ahead in that area, but I do know about getting ahead when it comes to dealing with my depression and the negative thoughts that come with it. So welcome! You're not alone.

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Tardis

Post by Tardis »

So nice of you to write Paul.

Thank you and I wish you great success on this website. Success in the way of helping people along with helping yourself.
ManOfaSon

Post by ManOfaSon »

I wont speak for Paul, but I'd imagine anyone so attuned to their country's politics that they are driven to create such a wonderful, pitch-perfect parody (I'll say parody so as to not offend anyone too much!) as Richard Martin must find it hard to not let it get them down sometimes.

For better or worse we seem to have less to get worked up about here in Australia, blissful ignorance perhaps. Having watched "Inside job" and listened to American political podcasts for 6 years now I do wonder how I could cope with being so directly affected by what goes on there.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”