New Listener and New to Forum

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
MindLoss
Issues: Depression, GAD

New Listener and New to Forum

Post by MindLoss »

Hello,
I'm in my late 20s, have been diagnosed with depression, GAD, ADD. I found this podcast and listened to the Jason Nash episode last night and right now I'm finishing up the Kate Spencer episode. And listening to her is like being inside my own head. I have two young kids and I'm a full time student and have been with my spouse for 12 years. But listening to 'my' problems via Kate made me realize that I need to really work harder to find a psychiatrist to get help. I know that I have issues, but I keep making the excuse that I don't have time between home, wife/mom duties, work and school. And money, money is tight and I'm lucky enough to have to pay $50 for a copay, so it'll get pricey. Also, mental illness runs in my family and I feel like I only have my mom to talk to, which isn't healthy for her obviously. Anyhoo, new here and it's nice to find a place that I can express myself and feel 'normal.'
Murphy
Issues: Depression, Social Anxiety, Rumination

Re: New Listener and New to Forum

Post by Murphy »

Welcome!

Try and find doctors with a sliding scale that will work with you. Although when I had a therapist who did that, it was still $50, so that sucks.
Any care that keeps you from your feet is a care that carries your defeat
Brooke

Re: New Listener and New to Forum

Post by Brooke »

Hi

It must be a struggle having two kids, being a student and having mental illness... I would be so overwhelmed, so I hope you're proud of yourself for keeping it all together. Yeah, this podcast really puts things in perspective...and it also makes you less ashamed of having mental issues and encourages people to get help. I've been so scared of taking meds or seeking out therapy for the longest time, but after listening to this podcast for a while, I feel more comfortable seeking out help. When I come to this forum, I too get to feel "normal" and that is so precious. Keep expressing yourself!

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”