New to the forum, but not a new listener

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
joyful
preferred pronoun: she

New to the forum, but not a new listener

Post by joyful »

I like that we can remain anonymous here, just for the fact that I have had a stalker this past year. (No problems lately, other than paranoia).

I am 1 week shy of turning 41. Never been married, never have had kids (and I am kind of thankful for that). I have been engaged once, but that turned sour after I was hospitalized and put on meds that made me gain weight. When I got out of the hospital after a week and a half, after we had sex, he told me that "I just don't do it for (him) anymore". I moved back home after that, and we had been together for 2 years.
My parents got divorced when I was in 6th grade, we lived with my dad because my mom was the one who cheated and left the marriage. When my dad finally got back into dating, years later, he married again. After a year, she wanted to leave him, as well, but before she could, he committed suicide. I was 15 when that happened. In the suicide note, he specifically said for us NOT to go live with our mother because "she was crazy".
Living with mom was not easy, but somehow I got through it.

I have been with my current boyfriend for 2 years, and we seem to have a healthy relationship. I have been at my job (which I hate) for 12 years, and am looking for another one. I live with my slightly younger brother, who I love, but I feel he takes advantage of my kindness and doesn't give even 50% towards our relationship. Sometimes I feel like his mother, and I am working on fixing that part of my life as well.

This is my dramatic life, summarized.
Hello, and thank you for welcoming me into your community!
:violin:
Fargin
Issues: Avoidant Personality Disorder

Re: New to the forum, but not a new listener

Post by Fargin »

We welcome you and your drama. :D
joyful

Post by joyful »

Thank you so much
yazzieabby
Issues: nil
preferred pronoun: he

Post by yazzieabby »

After reading this post I was like off, don't know what to say. All the best for your life, enjoy each and every seconds of life. When you are going older you should be more responsible of yourself.
mellybelly
Issues: Dissociation, Dissociative identity disorder, depression, anxiety,
preferred pronoun: they

Post by mellybelly »

Welcome. From one sorta newbie to another. :) It's a nice place here.
joyful

Post by joyful »

Thank you yazzieabby.

Thank you mellybelly, it is a nice place to be.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”