Kind of hate my family

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Kind of hate my family

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Hi Everyone,
I started trauma based counselling 10 months ago after yet another family gathering where everyone acted like they didn't care about each other. It was a wedding that barely dared to mention the word love, and there was little affection between the bride and groom even! I looked around and thought This is Fucked! I have little contact with my family now and I'm so relieved now that I've stopped hoping they will be different and being crushed over and over when they showed they didn't care about me.

I can't talk to many about this because people don't understand how deep the lack of caring and hurt goes. They always minimize with sayings like "well, you know how busy moms get!" (in regards to never feeling any affection or interest from my mom, ever), "my brother and I aren't close either" (when I mention that my siblings never email me back) or just "some families don't show affection".

Now that I've opened Pandora's Box (my subconscious) through counselling, there also seems to be some sexual abuse. So those that can't even be happy to see me were able to violate me in the most intimate way. Fuckers.

I feel like I've come through so much, but there still seems to be mountains to climb. Good days and sad days. I'm thankful for everyone who shares and Paul's dark humour which makes me laugh at the most horrible things. How else will I get through this.

Thanks to anyone who's listening.
Heather
oak

Re: Kind of hate my family

Post by oak »

Welcome!

You are not alone. In fact, your family sounds like mine.

Best wishes for success as you navigate the abyss. You’ll come out, better, on the other side.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Thanks oak!
Is it okay to swear on the boards? Better not to? I don't want to alienate anyone over something that really isn't necessary to express myself.
I'm looking forward to coming out the other side of this. It sounds nice there.
Thanks,
Heather
oak

Post by oak »

You’ll make it!

Please feel free to share.

I personally hope you do; sometimes it helps to know that I am not alone.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”