my name is bob

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
rob b

my name is bob

Post by rob b »

my name is bob, I live and work in the central valley ca. I heard about this site on bob and tom this morning. it realy touched me to hear the host of dinner and a movie had struggled with addiction.As a fan of the show for years I felt over whelmed to join this forum.my battles with addiction continue even though years of therapy and self help programs have helped me tremendously. I still give in occaionally to the disease. I live daily with untreated combined a.d.d.but I maintane a job and helping support a family of six. at 53 some days I feel over whelmed by fears of failure. but still try to stay as up beat as possible.thanks for listening. By the way...hi folks
Eternally Learning

Re: my name is bob

Post by Eternally Learning »

Hi Bob and welcome to the Forum! I hear what you're saying about staying upbeat all the time. For a long time now, I've been drowning in my sea of depressed thoughts and feelings which I share with no one, and recently I've been trying to force myself to just not go there and to share and it's definitely been a good thing for me. Have you ever sought help for your problems?
The purpose of life is to make it mean something.
rob b

Post by rob b »

when I had kaiser medical I tried treatments for add.non stimulant drugs. and years of therapy/counceling and many aa/na meetings. Overall I'm o.k these day's. midlife crises I guess. your a little young to understand about feelings and thought's that come with passing that half century mark. but thank you for replying.
Eternally Learning

Post by Eternally Learning »

rob b wrote:your a little young to understand about feelings and thought's that come with passing that half century mark. but thank you for replying.
Nah. I just take the feelings and thoughts I had after I turned a quarter of a century and multiply them by 2. :D
The purpose of life is to make it mean something.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Bob,
I want to welcome you to the forum. Thanks for saying "hi" and I'm glad my appearance on Bob and Tom helped give you the nudge to begin to open up. I have to open up on a daily basis to stay out of my negative thinking. And though I'm 48, I believe spirituality often has nothing to do with age. I've gotten some great advice and help from people far younger than me. Of course I usually seek out those who are older or more experienced than me, but I don't discount what younger people have to say. Especially Eternally Learning. He's a pretty sharp guy who really likes to help people.

Paul
:D
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”