I feel like a bee stuck with a group of Wasps

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
ItsCool2love
Issues: Loneliness
Tired/Bored of life.
preferred pronoun: He

I feel like a bee stuck with a group of Wasps

Post by ItsCool2love »

Uhm don't really know how to start this...My name is ..... and I'm a 17 year old from London, turning 18 in December woahhhhh.

and my problem is that

I don't have friends. I mean i know people that i can call or text and go out with but i don't have REAL FRIENDS. I don't value the people in my life right now or feel anything towards them. Were forced to know each other because of school, we don't share any interest, we don't have the same values, and not be arrogant or anything but why is everyone around me so freaking stupid, Theirs no one in my life that i can have intellectual conversation with. (I've probably used the wrong "Their" in that sentence and called everyone stupid....But thats not the type of intelligence I'm talking about) and because of this i spend most of my time in my bedroom while people my age are out "living" out their teenage years.

the think that annoys me most is that i feel like most people my age in todays society are not individuals, No one has their OWN ideas, they only follow trends. Let me give an example, music, Nearly everyone in my school listens to SAME of genre music, you may able to guess the genre of music i'm talking about but thats not the point, the point is that no one has their own individual taste.They all wear the same clothes have the same haircuts etc. Theirs no point of talking to them or even trying to get to know them because once you know one of them you know all of them. Don't get me wrong if this was one person who was doing this or even a group of people i wouldn't mind but when everyone in your life is the same and every time you meet someone new, it turns out their not different in anyway from all the other people you know, you loose interest and stop being social.

everyone is so consumed by social media, their so busy trying to build the perfect life on Instagram that their actually forget to live it. Everyone is doing the same things to try impress each other. I post a picture to impress you, you see the picture and feel like you need to post a picture too in order to impress me and to fit in but in reality i only posted a picture of my outfit because you posted a picture of your outfit earlier. I'm tried of trying to impress you and you're tired of trying to impress me, all we want is to be friends.

I feel like a bee stuck with a group of Wasps... i just want to pollinate flowers and make honey but no one else does
and If there's another bee out there let me know.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: I feel like a bee stuck with a group of Wasps

Post by brownblob »

Life can be very lonely. I'm sure there are other bees out there somewhere. Good luck in searching for them.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
ItsCool2love
Issues: Loneliness
Tired/Bored of life.
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ItsCool2love »

still in search for them but Thanks for the reply :D
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Hi, Honey! (Get it? It's a play on your bee analogy.)
The teen years are so hard. I could tell you that you aren't the only one to feel like you do and probably some of the people you think are wasps are secretly bees. It's true but it's not going to help much. I was a bee and didn't even have the sense to hide it. I dressed weird, read constantly and didn't know any of pop culture my peers cared about.
Keep buzzing and doing those flower dances until you attract a hive (Sorry, I don't know when to to let a metaphor go). Especially if you live in a small town, it might be a while and take a move in a few years. Once you are able to find your social circle based on interests, not age and geography, it becomes much, much easier.
Lastly, don't write off those wasps entirely. Some of them aren't so bad as pals and they'll never enjoy the sweetness us bees do. :-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”