Determined to be STRONG and weary of it

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
mxwhtv

Determined to be STRONG and weary of it

Post by mxwhtv »

I'm 38 years of age (old and young depending on the situation ;). I grew up in Texas with an alcoholic genius who abused all 6 of us children emotionally and physically with the added bonus of sexual abuse for me. I took the molestation and abuse quietly until my older brother fished the details out of me and then resisted and speak out against our father for it.

Bad shit happens, I can take it. I get through it. I was lucky to have my brother as a champion back then and later I had a best friend who stood by me and helped me escape after high school. When I made my move into prison overseas, I was again lucky to have a sympathetic missionary and consul officers who knew my situation and wanted to help. Now, though, in the real world without forced interaction like growing up together, school or prison visits, I find myself weathering my lifestorms alone and while I am good at it and CAN manage, I must say I am tired of it. I don't want to drag anyone down or be a drag - in fact most my friends consider me the life of the party - but I really want a relationship that needs and
feeds me.

It is an unexpected surprise to find I want to engage in such a forum. i hope my posts will illuminate the topics in helpful ways and look forward to reading what others are sharing.
cyanidebreathmint

Re: Determined to be STRONG and weary of it

Post by cyanidebreathmint »

I find you really interesting, and feel you should elaborate. For instance, you wrote "when I made my move into prison overseas..." without going into any detail! lol. I don't mean to be flippant. You seem like a strong and positive person.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello mxwhtv!

I agree with cyanidebreathmint, your story sounds intense, and you glossed over a lot of details.

My problems sound very very minor compared to your challenges, but I have been feeling it too that my life feels like climbing and climbing a rope - my arms are very very tired, but my arms automatically keep me from letting go. I don't even have the possible relief of suicide to rescue me! :roll: ;)

All my motivations are anxiety based, so all I really want to do is sleep and sleep and sleep my life away. But I am cutting myself a lot more slack lately, so I don't throw away techniques for improvement if they don't make me burst into action - even if all I can manage is 3 minutes productive work a day, I am happy for it - the trying is the success, ignore the external judgments.
mxwhtv wrote:It is an unexpected surprise to find I want to engage in such a forum.
Why is that? Why is it unexpected?
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

MXWHTV,

Welcome. I'm glad you like the forum. You sound like you know the direction you need to start heading in, and that's an important first step; letting people know what's really going on with you.

Paul
:D
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”