Portlandia

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
LucyP

Portlandia

Post by LucyP »

Hi there Community. I'm just your standard unemployed depressive from the Pacific Northwest looking to get through another damp and dark winter. I've been listening to the podcasts for a while now and thought I'd sign up for the forum too. Glad to be here. Hi!
cyanidebreathmint

Re: Portlandia

Post by cyanidebreathmint »

Hi Lucy. :)

I have always dreamed of living in the Pacific Northwest. I'm jealous of you. I went there once on a family road trip. It's unbelievably beautiful. I imagine the winters can be hellish, though.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Portlandia

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Lucy,
Welcome! I LOVE Portland. Can't wait to get back there. I did the Bridgetown comedy festival last year and had a blast. But enough about me.

I'm so glad you decided to come say "hi" in the forum. There are some great people here. And there is something to be said for being able to let out all our sadness, anger, frustration, etc. and have people know exactly how we feel. I know how you feel. This time of year is really hard. And I imagine the lack of sunshine in Portland makes it even harder.

I can tell you one thing that always helps me, no matter how bad I'm feeling, is connecting to someone who knows how I feel. Depression is a motherfucker. No two ways about it. But the only thing worse than depression is depression and self-imposed isolation.

Glad you're here.

Paul :D
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”