Working through

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Mokey

Working through

Post by Mokey »

Hey,

I'm a comedian and sketch performer on my good days and an exhausted, whinging fuck-up on my worst (or at least that's how it feels)

I'm in my early 30s and in the last few years or so I've finally started to deal with my depression and anxiety (Social and General).

I was always a weird, nervous kid, but I'm pretty decent and masking it with a friendly attitude and people pleasing. I'm terrified of making mistakes which has meant I haven't accomplished a lot of the things I feel like I should at this age. I also have a really hard time trusting people. I have this weird thing where its hard for me to believe that people won't just "find me out" for being boring or weird that makes it really hard for me to let in my friends and not drive them away

I'm also really jealous of people. Not in a way that I think they got things that I deserved (I really don't feel like I deserve much) but that they seem to be better, smarter, more comfortable with themselves and a million times more attractive then me.

I'm going back to therapy on Monday and am going to see about exposure therapy.

Thanks for listening (reading?)
dare i say it

Re: Working through

Post by dare i say it »

Hey Mokey, glad you're here. I'm not a comedian or a performer at all, but otherwise I could cut-and-paste your intro into mine. Sounds like you're on a good path with taking things seriously and starting therapy. Well done. I don't know much about exposure therapy. If you get a chance, let us know what that's like.
Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Working through

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Mokey,
A belated welcome to the forum! Boy do I relate to your feelings. I'm constantly comparing myself to other people. I find the best zone to be in is when I feel content being one of many. My ego hates that, but my soul loves it.

Paul :)
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”