Hello hello

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
socialanxietyavenger

Hello hello

Post by socialanxietyavenger »

I'm new, 28, female, and diagnosed with social anxiety, generalized anxiety, panic disorder, and major depression, but I've struggled with social anxiety for all of my life. Been seeing a psychiatrist and/or therapist on and off since since my second year in college. Mostly I worry and I isolate. I am an Olympic Gold medalist worrier and negative self talker. I'm working on that lately, and it's a little alarming to realize just how mean I am to myself in light of how nice I am to everyone else. I would never talk to others the way I talk to myself.

I have a BA in Spanish, and a desire to go back to school for something I've yet to figure out/make up my mind on. I enjoy languages, history, learning about different cultures, reading, writing, playing dress up (cosplay), going to conventions, and other nerdy pursuits.
Fredbo

Re: Hello hello

Post by Fredbo »

Anxiety and depression and a certain amount of self-loathing are my "hobbies" as well! Welcome... And don't be so hard on yourself. Or just tell me how to not be so hard on myself :)

Cheers,
Fredbo
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Welcome! Your username made me laugh out loud.

The concept of not saying things to yourself that you wouldn't say about someone else really struck a chord with me when I first heard it. I guess it's similar to "you are your own worst critic," but that just didn't ring as well with me. I guess we can all struggle with this together, haha.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ghughes1980 »

Welcome! Welcome!

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”