New here

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Floret

New here

Post by Floret »

I am new here but already feel I have have many friends here. My life has been totally affected by major depression. I am happily married but have no other family and few friends. I'm in my late 50's and have been on antidepressants almost 20 years. I have noticed that as I get older my episodes of D are getting longer and deeper then my bounce back time to normalcy requires more time. Anyone else experiencing this? The lack of support groups is also an issue. I have thought about faking or becoming an alcoholic so the support of AA would be my answer. Seeking support and friendship. Floret
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Re: New here

Post by Cheldoll »

Hi Floret, welcome to the forum. I'm definitely jealous of programs like AA and wish there were options for people with major depressive disorder with that amount of success and social acceptance. I really think you will find both the support and friendship you're looking for here. Hang in there, okay? You are not alone.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
tangledlaces

Re: New here

Post by tangledlaces »

Hi Floret,

Welcome in and I hope you find the support and connections you are seeking here. I think you may. I understand that desire to be part of a community and from what I have seen of this online one, you have found an excellent place to be.

Hang in there. As Chel said, you're not alone.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”