Nordic guy saying hello

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
booker

Nordic guy saying hello

Post by booker »

Greetings everyone,

Glad to be here and hope to learn and contribute. I'm 40, male and suffer from different types of anxiety (general, social and creative), depression, trust issues and am also overly concerned with my appearance.

My current situtation is one of unemployment and crappy finances. I used to have big plans but my dreams didn't work out as I was unable to acknowledge the severity of my depression and propensity for avoidance. Thus, I did not seek proper help. In rare moments of motivation I still have big plans but everytime I go for it, my illness seems to get in the way.

I had some therapy two years ago, but it was ineffective. I am currently looking to find a new therapist and possibly to go on meds. I've been listening to the Mental Illness Happy Hour for two years now and love it to bits.
hedgewitch

Re: Nordic guy saying hello

Post by hedgewitch »

Oof. I'm riding the Unemployment Train as well. I wish you luck on finding a new therapist! Welcome to the board!
booker

Post by booker »

Thank you, hedgewitch. Yes, quite a hoot that train is. Thank you for the welcome. :)
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Nice to meet you. As much as I would never wish anxiety on my worst enemy, it is comforting to hear other people share their struggles.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”