Please help :(

IMPORTANT: Our mental health professionals are volunteers. They are either licensed therapists, social workers or interns. Their advice is NOT meant to be a substitute for one-on-one counseling and should be weighed alongside other opinions/resources. Since they are volunteers, they have busy schedules and cannot always reply promptly. Please be patient.

If you feel you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else either call 911 or the Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255
alicia_23
Issues: Family Issues

Please help :(

Post by alicia_23 »

Hello!
I need your help ! My father is a kind of tough person. Maybe his field of work demanded so.( I am not mentioning it here)

After retirement, he is kind of more frustrated since we started getting some financial problems.He gets angry even for the simple things at home. This really bothers us well. Each time mom tries to calm him down , he flings anything placed near him.He also lacks sleep.

Last day there was an issue in the family and he broke his hand by thrashing the window. We were all scared. :cry:
Mom was crying and the entire locality came to know about this which made him more frustrated.
As per our aunt's suggestion, we are taking him to the Physiomobility,Toronto for the treatment. When we talked to them they suggested relaxation massage therapy (http://www.physiomobility.com/relaxation-massage.html ) for relaxing him and physiotherapy ( http://www.physiomobility.com/physiothe ... mills.html ) for his painful wrist.

What else could be done for him? Will these treatments be worth? None of us know about physiotherapy in depth. So please help.. Alternate suggestions are also most welcome.
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Please help :(

Post by Imissmysun »

I am not a therapist but I know that a lot of people feel very out of sorts when they retire - the shift in what their purpose is and what they should do with their time is overwhelming - often people become depressed or now that they have nothing to busy themselves old wounds open and old thoughts come in and lead to anger frustration anxiety and depression - your father will most certainly benefit from counseling - getting a therapist to help direct and sort through this really monumental transition - its a big shift - I hope he starts to get some healing and direction and I hope this helps :)
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic

Return to “Ask a Mental Health Professional”