Looking for eps with a certain kind of incidental content!

sviib
Issues: That is personal.
preferred pronoun: She

Looking for eps with a certain kind of incidental content!

Post by sviib »

Hi. This is a kind of weird request: I'm trying to identify a past episode based on a description of a (possibly very minor) detail contained therein. I was talking to a friend about the illogical but very strong feeling that discussing a past trauma, mentioning it out loud, or admitting to another person that it happened can make the event seem "more real" and can thus make, e.g., seeking therapy (or just telling the truth to anyone else at all, for that matter) a daunting task, and he said that at least one guest on this podcast had said the same thing, but he couldn't remember which. Can anyone recall any episodes in which this was discussed? I would be interested in hearing a discussion on that line of thought, but for all I know, it was brought up in passing without any elaboration. I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask in case someone had listened to a relevant episode recently enough to remember such a trivial detail. It may have been in the context of sexual trauma or general reluctance to attend therapy.

Thank you for reading!

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”