Episode 287: Andrea C

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Episode 287: Andrea C

Post by SpookyGhost »

Paul's support group friend and writer talks about weighing 95 lbs at 5 years-old, being in foster homes and psych wards, surviving incest, learning self-love and dealing with addictions to food and abusive men.

http://mentalpod.com/archives/4089
work in progress
Issues: poly sexual trauma survivor, PTSD, anxiety, depression, love addiction, trust
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Episode 287: Andrea C

Post by work in progress »

Andrea C's story was very moving and inspiring! I wanted to just give her a hug. I can' understand some of what she talks about regarding her mother not believing her about her report of molestaion by her father. I have not been molested by my father but it was a friend of mine who was. She was molested by her brother and stepfather. Her mom hated her for being in competition of her. I never understood why her mom was so abusive until I learned about her abuse. This friend was terribly messed up by this response from her mother and still is affected by this. When she reported her brother for molesting his kids her mom again yelled at her for doing that. Rather than protect her grandkids she wanted to protect her brother. This kind of thinking is so messed up!

I can understand not wanting to be oriented to reality because it's too painful. However not protecting your kids I just can't understand. I am amazed that They would return a child to this environment.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”