Episode 682 ANGER – RON PLACONE

snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Episode 682 ANGER – RON PLACONE

Post by snoringdog »

Looking forward to listening to this....

I've learned to control my anger mostly..
I think mine comes from a couple of things - A sense of being slighted, or from a feeling of injustice either toward me, or the injustice in the world in general, as "Things *shouldn't* be this way!!!

Just did a board search on "Anger" and there are threads going back to 2011.
Henrryon09

Re: Episode 682 ANGER – RON PLACONE

Post by Henrryon09 »

Feeling slighted or experiencing injustice, whether on a personal level or in the broader context of the world, can indeed trigger strong emotional responses. Recognizing these triggers is an important step towards better understanding and managing your emotions.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Had a guy just pass me on the right just now.
The exit lane was on the right and he made like he was taking it and then whipped around to pass. Dangerous and maddening. This has happened at this same place several times. Don't think they made a mistake, and even if they did, the correct thing to do is to slow down and fall behind. (I've also seen a *lot* of other aggression and dangerous driving post-Covid).

I often feel a surge like I should "teach them a lesson" by fading over, but that's stupid and dangerous. Why do I feel like I need to do that? Maybe a touch of narcissism and superiority?
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

I got told once it the ego taking over. Personally depending on emotions on the day I would let an event like that not bother me. However, other days I want to hunt the driver down, when they come to a stop, get out and slash their tires and make out I’m their worst nightmare. But in actual fact I don’t have the energy to even get out of the car.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”