Episode 279: Anna W (Narcoleptic Codependent)

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Episode 279: Anna W (Narcoleptic Codependent)

Post by SpookyGhost »

The 33 year-old research biologist shares about her narcolepsy, PTSD, cataplexy, hypnogogic hallucinations, codependency and life with a partner with bipolar.

http://mentalpod.com/archives/4047
SallieMaesBitch
Issues: Dysthymia, general anxiety, hoarding, overeating, cutting, alcoholism, hypomania
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Episode 279: Anna W (Narcoleptic Codependent)

Post by SallieMaesBitch »

Paul Gilmartin is a brilliant podcast producer and comedian who is revolutionizing the world by humanizing mental health issues. He does, however, have poor taste in tea. Earl gray is amazing!
Annmarie29

Post by Annmarie29 »

I am curious if Anna would share what, if any medication she takes to control her narcolepsy. I am 29, recently diagnosed after years of confusion, and I'm having trouble finding a medication that works.Thank you.
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Imissmysun »

As the guest was explaining her co dependence it was like a light bulb went off and I realized that it was a huge part of my personality -

It is nearly 100% of the energy I put into all things I do...

My inner monologue is if I could just be who they needed me to be - I just need to act more of what they need - I just need to fulfill their needs more -

I do not think in 38 years I have asked myself what I need - when someone does ask me the idea is so foreign I can't even find what corridor in my mind to go down to look for an answer - I just stare back dumbfounded like the idea of me having needs and desires is asonine

and it hit me how entirely unhealthy this way of living is - its like I was hit up the side of my head with ideas - but about me -
but I still have no real ideas about how I feel about most things and I don't really know what needs I have - but at least now I am thinking that it might be cool to have needs and feelings of my own someday.

THank you so much for this episode...

It was a breakthrough
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”