Episode 304: My Suicide Attempt Wakeup Call - Paul Goebel

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Episode 304: My Suicide Attempt Wakeup Call - Paul Goebel

Post by SpookyGhost »

The actor/comedian (@Midnight) opens up about his recent suicide attempt, psych ward stay and how it is motivating him to seek help and try to be a better husband, father and friend. He shares about trying to break the cycle of bad parenting and untreated addiction/mental illness in his family and learn how to identify and express his emotions instead of coping with his anxiety and depression by getting high. He also expresses his regret in being a bad parent to his 2 daughters, a bad husband to his first wife and his treatment and attitude towards women.

This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp.com To try a week of online counseling for free, go to www.betterhelp.com/mental

This episode is sponsored by ZipRecruiter. To post jobs for free go to www.ZipRecruiter.com/first

This episode is sponsored by MadisonReed. For 10% off your first color kit and free shipping go to www.Madison-Reed.com and use offer code HAPPY

To support the podcast's new donation option Patreon (with level-based rewards for donors!) go to www.patreon.com/mentalpod

To check out more about Paul Goebel:

his twitter is https://twitter.com/PaulGoebelShow

his website http://thekingoftv.com/

a roast that they threw for him on the blog section of his website

https://youtu.be/wzmZbA3fKeE

And be on the lookout for his new podcast Paul Goebel & Friends
FixTheWagon
Issues: Sad,Gad,Addiction,Depression,
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Episode 304: My Suicide Attempt Wakeup Call - Paul Goebe

Post by FixTheWagon »

I LOVE this guy!! I am so grateful to hear about being a single dad on MIHH. This is the first time that I remember a guest talking about being a single father, a plight that I'm currently 5 years in to, myself. Thanks Paul & Paul 8-)
FSBO: CLASSIC 1980 Toyota Cressida Station Wagon. Steering pulls hard to the left making it hard to drive. Dents, dings & other intrinsic damage. 4 different sized tires. Vintage 1980 Toyota two tone GFY paint theme with faux wood interior.
FixTheWagon
Issues: Sad,Gad,Addiction,Depression,
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Episode 304: My Suicide Attempt Wakeup Call - Paul Goebe

Post by FixTheWagon »

I also wanted to comment on the bullying that happened to the boy in middle school whose bullying story started at around 1:58.00

I am so sorry buddy. I experienced the same thing, it changed my life when I was bullied. I hated myself. I hated school. I felt like I walked around school naked from then on. They say that people have a fight or flight reflex, in my case ... I have the freeze reflex. When I was picked on in front of all the other kids, I couldn't fight back, I couldn't run, I could not move. Tears ran down my face. I had been exposed as one of the boys that gets scared if they are bullied. It was a cold truth that I had not known about myself, until it happened. From that day on, I felt like I was naked in school, I never felt safe in school again. Alcohol and addiction helped me mask my pain, but for 3 or 4 years after the event, I was scared everywhere I went. I was sure my bully would be there, and I would freeze and cry in front of everyone, my mask would be off.
FSBO: CLASSIC 1980 Toyota Cressida Station Wagon. Steering pulls hard to the left making it hard to drive. Dents, dings & other intrinsic damage. 4 different sized tires. Vintage 1980 Toyota two tone GFY paint theme with faux wood interior.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”