Polyamory - Daisy & Corey

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Polyamory - Daisy & Corey

Post by SpookyGhost »

Daisy (with Corey for support) shares about her emotionally absent parents, Taiwanese culture, her anxiety, need to control, fear of making mistakes, struggling to find a sense of self and the imprint left on her by pleasing her emotionally withdrawn/critical mother at any cost. They share about the specifics of their polyamorous relationship and agreements/boundaries vs open ones and monogamous ones. Daisy talks about the struggle of being a jealous person in a poly partnership and her need for Corey's validation sometimes being at odds with her desire to have freedom to explore love with other people.
Pasta
Issues: Depression, abandonment, cancer, OCD
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Polyamory - Daisy & Corey

Post by Pasta »

Did anyone else feel like there was a strange kind of manipulation of Daisy by Cory in this weeks pod? Something about the interaction between the 2 made me uncomfortable.
FUCK CANCER!!!!
Not Ready Yet
Issues: HSP, SAD, CCS, poss. AvPD
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Polyamory - Daisy & Corey

Post by Not Ready Yet »

Possibly... Corey spoke so little it's hard for me to tell.

This was another episode where I think it would interesting to hear from the person being interviewed (Daisy) again a few years from now. I wonder if she would look back at this time in her life and see it as a phase she went through. So many anxious, insecure people try to keep relationships by pleasing their partners and doing what the partner wants (yes, I'm speaking from personal experience). When Daisy said towards the end that she's considering moving out to work on her issues, I thought that sounded like an excellent idea.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”