Episode 476 - Moral Injury

snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Episode 476 - Moral Injury

Post by snoringdog »

Hey, a shoutout to "Kevin" the mathematician, (the email written to Paul).

Thanks for posting. Your story is encouraging & uplifting, and your perseverance is commendable! I hope you find satisfaction in your new position.

And wondering what the hell was wrong with your thesis advisor?! There's dignity in work, and that's what you wanted... so why not help you? (Rhetorical question).

(Mathematics has always been of interest to me, and I've found some interesting reads in the "Best Writing on Mathematics" series.)

Be well.

SD
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Episode 476 - Moral Injury - Tom Voss

Post by snoringdog »

This episode was pretty hard to listen to.... I'm glad that Tom survived and is finding peace, but my God this encapsulates so much of what's wrong in this world!

Tribes fighting each other with more and more sophisticated weapons....cynical and deluded older men throwing their young men (whose cerebral cortices aren't fully developed) at each other to their immediate and long-term, extreme hurt.

And waving flags and spouting platitudes to make it all seem justified.

Moral injury?! - What the hell would you expect!

Don't get me wrong... after 911 I wanted to jump on a plane myself and do something to someone. (That too may be part of the problem...)

"Little Lower than the Angels"? - We're not quite high enough yet...

SD

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”