Episode 127: Offspring of Holocaust Survivors

Post discussions as new topics.
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Episode 127: Offspring of Holocaust Survivors

Post by gfyourself »

Two sons of Holocaust survivors, Michael Rozbruch and Amir Tiles, sit down with psychotherapist Joel Schwartz whose grandparents are also survivors and they discuss the PTSD’s ripples still being felt today within the families. Amir’s father, an 85 year-old Polish survivor also joins them
AnnaWall

Re: Episode 127: Offspring of Holocaust Survivors

Post by AnnaWall »

Great Pod this week (as it is every week!).
KershyJoe

Post by KershyJoe »

Hi, this is KershyJoe.

I just wanted to thank you guys on here for the advice etc, that you gave me a month or so ago. On the forums, facebook and the emails Paul got and read on the Podcast. It was, without a doubt, the final push I needed to get into therapy. The only thing that's changed since I spoke to Paul was that I've told my parents about going to therapy. I will never tell them about my relationship with my sister for many reasons you could imagine. I went to see them and told them I've been going to therapy because I've had anxiety issues, which is why I've been so distant from them.

Thanks for reading.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ghughes1980 »

Good luck KershyJoe
oak

Post by oak »

This is, IMO, one of the most important episodes so far, and I am pleased Mr. Gilmartin has given a Holocaust survivor a chance to share his story.

I look forward to his stand-alone episode.

I am really grateful for this episode. Much love.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
marathonbar

Post by marathonbar »

Hang in there, Kershey Joe. You've got a long road ahead of you for sure, but you've got a lot of people rooting for you.
I'm ready to live a life of joy.
littlecat

Post by littlecat »

This was an amazing episode, I am 3rd generation of a holocaust survivor and it was really helpful to hear Joel talk about his experience as a grandchild of a survivor and his perspective as a therapist. It made me understand where my hurt comes from living in a house with a rage filled father (child of survivors).

I just listened to it again and I actually think my grandparents and father might have been in the same DP camp in Munich after the war that Melvin was.

Thanks to Paul for another great podcast.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”