Anya Marina episode, slight critique

Post discussions as new topics.
Jook

Anya Marina episode, slight critique

Post by Jook »

Hi Paul, big big fan of the show. Just wanted to make a brief comment on a few missed chances during an otherwise stellar episode. Anya mentioned a 'public freakout' a couple of times to where it almost seemed like she was nudging you to ask for more details but for whatever reason you didn't. You're usually really good at what I think is the golden rule of interview-podcasting; don't let an interesting story get 'teased'' and then pass by. It can be very frustrating for the listener, especially on a podcast of this nature where your listeners are dying to hear about experiences from someone they can relate to since we so often feel alone in our struggles. There was also some talk about her drug use and even some contradictions in her recounting of how often she used different substances. Again I was eager to hear more about what she was using, how far she had fallen, how it affected her life and how she was able to come out the other end of what seemed to be a severe pill (?) problem, but we weren't able to dig in to hear more specifics. Maybe certain topics were off limits, maybe she had limited time for the interview, or maybe you just wanted to focus on other things; i'm just giving you one listeners perspective for what it's worth. Again I'm a big fan and in general I think you do a great job which is why i look forward to every episode. thanks

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”