It's really hard to think of a good title. Guy seeks gal?

Post a description of yourself and your issues/struggles. Include a picture if you like. Don't forget to include good stuff too! Thanks to guest Nadereh for suggesting this thread for people who are tired of dating sites that don't present honest portrayals of people and their issues. If you'd prefer to correspond with someone privately send them a message instead of posting.
AntisocialWorker
Issues: Depression; anxiety that has features of GAD, social and PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

It's really hard to think of a good title. Guy seeks gal?

Post by AntisocialWorker »

Wow - it's pretty hard not to try and sell myself here. People around me think more of me than I do so I tend to be too critical or I overcompensate. But here are some basics: I'm a 30 year old guy in Brooklyn. I'm bi(ish?) but I imagine myself meeting a woman. I'm a social worker, and I'm pretty good at talking to clients because, like most clinicians with issues, I'm empathic. I always, always always put others' needs above my own. Needs? What needs?

The thing is I do have needs. I need someone to confide in me and let me confide in them. I need to be physically close with someone. I need that feeling of being happy just for being with the person I'm with.

And I am putting WAAAAAY too much pressure on this forum. I'd also take a friend or someone I can chat with.

This is so much better than a dating site and so much harder at the same time. Thanks for reading. Get in touch if it feels right.
Double-depresso
Issues: Depression, anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Re: It's really hard to think of a good title. Guy seeks gal

Post by Double-depresso »

Hi - I live in Manhattan and am looking for someone who I can talk about my issues with. It sounds like we might be looking for something similar (and who knows - could turn into more) so I figured I'd drop you a line. Hope your weekend is going well so far.
meh
Issues: Bipolar, depression, general all around ick
preferred pronoun: That

Re: It's really hard to think of a good title. Guy seeks gal

Post by meh »

I'm in Westchester if either or both of you want to meet up for a drink and compare symptoms.
"Of course you have an active inner life, you're bipolar"
my therapist.

Return to “Tired & Looking: An Honest Place to Seek A Partner”