Pristiq and night sweats. Suggestions welcome!

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
lawlessness45

Pristiq and night sweats. Suggestions welcome!

Post by lawlessness45 »

So, I've recently upped my pristique dose(with doctor supervision), and overall things are going well. The only side effect that I'm dealing with is ridiculous night sweats. I'll wake up DRENCHED in sweat. It's so bad that I've had to get up at 3 am to change my clothes and sheet. Sometimes I just give up and take a shower at 4 am because I can't be bothered to change into another set of clothes, or my damp, disgusting hair is so distracting I can't go back to sleep. I've tried a number of different things, everything from adjusting the temperature of my room to sleeping with less clothing to using a lighter blanket. I'm at the point now where I wake up, and just switch sides of the bed(to the dry side)because I'm too tired to change the sheets,(and I'm running out of clean sheets), and getting up to change clothes seems futile. Really, comparatively this side effect isn't as disturbing others I've experienced with different meds, but it's disrupting my sleep a great deal, and it's kinda gross. (And sooo not attractive). I'm thinking that maybe it will go away or lessen with time, but it been 3 months and so far it seems pretty consistent. I'm going to try and start taking my meds at the same time every morning--maybe that will help, and do a little more research and see if I can come up with a solution. But I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this (or something similar) and if they have any suggestions? I would appreciate any input or ideas anyone has to offer. As long as it doesn't involve sacrificing small animals to some random sleep sweat god. (Hahahaha)
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
Sarah Williams

Return to “Medications”